Interesting comment…

From Peter Hitchens in the Daily Mail today

The ridiculous Blair creature could have had anyone he wanted (well, not me actually) to dinner at Chequers.

The giants of arts and letters, philosophy and science, geographers who could have explained to him where Iraq was or historians who might have outlined what happened at Suez.

Anybody. But he invited radio super-oaf Chris Evans.

I suspect that he chose Evans after his aides gently explained to him that Homer Simpson wasn’t a real person.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted July 29, 2007 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

hi T

i take it you watched mountain on bbc one, i liked it, i think mountains are the best part of geography. watched top gar going to the north pole before that, it doing show the return jurney though… its not a propper trip if you dont risk it both ways.

g

2. Posted July 30, 2007 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Yes I watched Mountain, which was good. I also watched the Top Gear special, I don’t usually like them, but enjoyed it.

I also caught up with Heros, which I thought was interesting.

3. Posted July 30, 2007 at 10:46 am | Permalink

i want to climb the eiger, its a brilliant mountain, i want to climb it ever since i saw a video on youtube shot on it http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i-nbkYg-q0A brillaint, i think id be better climbing the south side though, 🙂 not much of a north face person with cliff faces like that.

4. Posted July 30, 2007 at 11:03 am | Permalink

It looks challenging 😉 Beautiful landscape.

5. Posted July 30, 2007 at 11:41 am | Permalink

i wont be going up that face though, the other side is not as steep, more of a slope, and in summer, there is no snow etc. thats the way i want to climb it.

Posted July 30, 2007 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Don’t particularly like Griff Rhys Jones as a host, but great to see the Cuillins. At the end of the series he apparently goes back and tackles the ‘In Pin’ which is one of the Munros I’ve done on Skye (along with Bruach na Frithe which he climbed at the end of last night’s episode following the same route as I did) – I couldn’t afford to stay at the Sligachan hotel though…
    Some good Skye climbign vids on YouTube too…

Posted July 30, 2007 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

and climbing vids too….

8. Posted July 30, 2007 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

I’m not a climbing man myself, just happy to sit and look 🙂

9. Posted July 31, 2007 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

lazy, but i must be jinksed this holiady, i went on a 30 mile ike ride, i was 1 mile from home, looked at the car behind me, but as i took my eyes of the road i crashed into the curb, went flying, woke up a few seconds later, loads of cars had stoped, everyone was getting out, some people were asking me if i needed an ambulance, i said no, felt the side of my face, loads of blood on my hand, one of the guys and his kid took me home in there van, if i hadnt of had my helmet on i would be in hospital, my knees swollen up a bit, making it difficult to walk properly, but i have got my cam, its not my birthday until 4th but i mite give it to her the day before and say you can rap it up for me now to her. Cams brilliant by the way.

Posted July 31, 2007 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Used to do quite a lot of climbing. A few pictures on the site:

11. Posted July 31, 2007 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

G, what a terrible story, hope your better soon.

Nice pictures Alan, I’d like to try climbing in the future…

12. Posted August 1, 2007 at 10:27 am | Permalink

nice pictures alan, and im getting better, been filming with my new cam, hope to start uploading soon to youtube