7 things about me….

I’ve been tagged by Liz Smith and David Rogers to take part in this meme, so here goes…

1. In the early Eighties I was schooled for over a year and a half in New Jersey, United States. I was kept behind a year, I have never forgiven one teacher for correcting my spelling of colour.
  2. On my last primary school report the teacher (who shall remain nameless) wrote that I would find it hard to succeed because ‘I have the World upon my shoulders.’ Mmm… geographer teacher now.
  3. I love reading, I average one book a week (I love history- every geographer should),
  4. Mostly because I’m an insomniac.
  5. I don’t consider myself to be a good teacher, I’m very average. None of the teachers I’ve admired/admire have ever called themselves good teachers. So when I hear people talking about how brilliant their lessons are, or how excellent their ideas are, I tend to switch-off. Don’t get me wrong, I love sharing, ,learning from sharing and listening to others, but too often it can be subverted into a form of self-promotion.
  6. Geography was my favourite subject, but English was my best.
  7. I suffer from an essential tremor, or is that tremors. Many sufferers are accused of being alcoholics! I have only met two other sufferers, both students. Handwriting, presenting with unfamiliar technology and drinking tea are particular issues for me. In fact, holding everything.

I’ve like to know seven things about Catholicgauze, who I think writes one of the best geography blogs on the net.

This entry was posted in 7things, Catholicqauze, meme. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Posted January 10, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

What are you reading at the moment Tony ?
    Got Schott’s Almanac 2008 for £2.99 today from cheapo book shop and it’s full of useful stats and lists, e.g. Nottingham the 15th most literary city in the UK (Sheffield 12th and Edinburgh 1st)

Posted January 11, 2009 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Currently reading George and Sam- it’s about two boys with autism- my brother gave it me for Christmas, he thinks I’m on the spectrum!

Really opened my eyes.

Don’t know what’s up next? Any suggestions are welcome…

3. Helen Roberts
    Posted January 12, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

I love your point 5. I also cannot abide it when certain teachers go on and on about how wonderful they are and how much the kids love them. Really stomach turning. I think if you have to brag then you have a really low esteem. By the way there is no way you could be considered average, you are inspirational!!!
    Take care

Posted January 13, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the kind comment Helen- at least someone thinks I am!

Happy New Year.

5. Posted January 18, 2009 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Soon my friend, soon.

Posted January 18, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Great, look forward to it.