101 Creatively simple ways to teach Geography

In response to a post on the SLN Geography forum, I’ve started this collaborative presentation. Hopefully others will contribute to the document development.

The nice thing about Google Docs is they can be downloaded as a pdf and ppt. Please email/pm/twitter dm me with your email address, so I can add you to the collaborators and you can edit the document. Very easy to do, just like PowerPoint, but you will have to sign up for a free Google account. With a bit of selfless collaboration it should make a useful document.

This entry was posted in Collaboration, Creativity, Teacher resources and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. anthony lozach
    Posted May 3, 2009 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Great ideas.

Are you interested in french collaboration about simple ways to teach Geography ? At least 3 ideas to submit

Posted May 5, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Anthony.

will drop you and email,

T

3. Posted May 19, 2009 at 1:11 am | Permalink

@mrshoward118 – Twitter

I’d like to contribute another idea to your list.

The wheresgeorge.com site is a neat (although U.S./Canadian based) website that tracks dollar bills and where they’ve been spent. It provides a terrific opportunity for students to investigate the geography (latitude & longitude) and distribution direction of the money as it travels across the country/world.

Posted May 20, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the excellent idea, sadly the site is down at the moment, when it comes online again I’ll add it to the document.

Cheers,

Tony

5. meg
    Posted May 23, 2009 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

There are some fantastic ideas here some of which I had forgotten about- thanks Tony for getting them all collated in one place.

Posted May 23, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Thanks Meg, feel free to contribute.

Best wishes,

T

7. Emily
    Posted July 26, 2009 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Hi Tony

Great idea to put all the ideas together and as I’m just starting out could I have a copy si I can incorporate into my planning for September?

Thanks

Emily

Posted July 26, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Emily, it can be downloaded in pdf and ppt format from Google- click on menu and look under actions.

Best wishes,

T

9. Andre Jacobs
    Posted July 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Tony
    Please add me as a collaborator for “101 Creatively simple ways to teach Geography”
    Thanx and kind regards