What if they had a Facebook Profile?

I’ve been working on several schemes of work, it’s surprising how uncreative you become under pressure. One of my escapes has been reading about people having much more exciting times during their holidays on Facebook.

I was working on a R.S. scheme of work and wanted students to produce a summary of their thinking about Lucifer, for some reason I wondered what Lucifer’s Facebook profile would look like. It’s just how I think 😉 .

I’ve devised this profile outline, I thought it might get students thinking creatively. Students could justify their thinking.

I then thought it could be adapted to non-supernatural entities, how about Old Harry?

harryface

I think it might be a nice little starter or plenary activity, alternatively teachers could create one and ask students to justify their decisions.

Do you think this would be useful?

This entry was posted in Facebook, Plenaries, Starters, Teacher resources and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Lindy McGuinness
    Posted August 29, 2009 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Wonderful and so easy to use in all sorts of ways
    Thanks for sharing
    Lindy

2. Phil Randay
    Posted August 29, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Awesome resource – can’t wait to use it.

Phil

3. Emma Thatcher
    Posted September 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

This would be an excellent and novel way of getting pupils to summarise key features. Thank you Tony, your resources are outstanding 🙂

Emma

Posted September 3, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your kind comments 🙂

5. Mike Nicholson
    Posted September 14, 2009 at 1:06 am | Permalink

looking forward to getting my kids to create profiles for Thunder and Lightning this week.

Superb. Thanks for sharing

Mike

6. Posted September 18, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

This would be an exceolent and novel way of getting pupils to summwrise key features. Thank you Tony, your resources are outstanding 🙂

Emma;

Posted September 20, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the kind comments.

8. Marie
    Posted November 28, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

How do you get this template??

Posted November 29, 2009 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Click on view on slideshare and download from the site 🙂

10. Jen
    Posted May 17, 2010 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Hi, I can get the jpeg of the old harry version but how do i go about getting the powerpoint slide template? can’t find where it says ‘view on slideshare’? i’m trying to download it because its a brilliant idea!

Posted May 17, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

You can download a copy here

If you still can’t get it, please send me an email and I’ll happily send you a copy.

Tony 🙂

12. Carly
    Posted May 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    I am struggling to get the template so could I please get a copy? Can’t wait to use it with my students…great idea!

Posted May 25, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Please drop me an email.

14. Nick Hinchcliffe
    Posted June 16, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Hi
    Likewise I think it is a cracking idea. I plan to get the students to create a facebook profile for the target market for extreme tourism. I cant get hold of the template from here either – please could I get a copy too?
    Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted June 16, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Thanks Nick- it can be downloaded from slideshare, alternatively drop me an email and I’ll be happy to send you a copy. 🙂

16. Emily Kerner
    Posted October 12, 2010 at 2:22 am | Permalink

I am a freshman at a boarding high school. For one of my projects in one of my classes I have to teach the class and for my actavity I was planing on having the kids make a facebook profile for the person I am teaching about. Is there any way I could use the template you used I would make sure that I cited you the right way so I would not be copyrighting you.

17. Emily Kerner
    Posted October 12, 2010 at 2:25 am | Permalink

I am a freshman at a boarding high school and for one of my classes I have to teach my class. I have to have a activity and I wanted to have them make a facebook profile for the person I am teaching, and I was wondering if I could use the template that you used to make the one on your website. I would cite it the right way so you would get credit. Please.

Posted October 12, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

I’ll email you a copy 🙂

19. Anne Marie
    Posted April 10, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Pretty please could you email me a copy of this template as it is an excellent idea and I cant seem to find it. Many thanks

9 Trackbacks