Round 2- Geography poets- The River

A new selection of poems, we would appreciate people taking time to leave a comment on our work.

LL

Josh R

Josh J

Marie

HA

Alice

Tara

Kerri

This entry was posted in Rivers and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 30, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

All very well read. I particularly liked Alice’s “There is no end to the beautiful river” – a clever ‘sting’ for a powerful poem.

and Kerri’s
    “…vanishing into the distance. Will we ever see our river again?”

Well done, the geography poets of LL and HA.

2. M Weatherall
    Posted September 30, 2009 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

Well done to you all. What a creative way to present your work. I love Josh J’s – it flows just like the river! excellent delivery. i think we could do some performance work on this!!!!

3. E Wright
    Posted October 1, 2009 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Fantastic poems! I’ve never been good near water and now I may never go near a river again! Thanks Josh R! “waiting for an unexpecting victim”. My phobia has increased ten fold through their briliant ability to bring the rivers to life in my head!

Well done all!

4. J Shieff
    Posted October 1, 2009 at 11:04 am | Permalink

An impressive and differenciated group of poems which are fabulously presented, well done Year 8!

5. Aidan Smith
    Posted October 1, 2009 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

A lovely cross curricular piece of work, Geography and Literacy.

The images conjured up by Alice, Kerrie and Marie are lovely, however, I found the stoccato style of Josh’s poem particularly powerful and effective.

Well done – what a great opportunity your teacher has given you.

A. Smith

6. Posted October 1, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

I liked the idea of this hidden monster ready to drag me down Josh R, when I am out canoeing I often get surprised by odd currents moving in all sorts of directions.

I loved the mix of destructive, useful, erosive and peaceful. Well done all.

Posted October 1, 2009 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the kind comments-

8. Ms. Pohanka
    Posted October 1, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

I like your poems. We are studying Europe in my geography class and have been discussing navigable rivers and how useful they are. I’ll play your poems for my students tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your great work with us.

Ms. P
    Fredericksburg, VA

9. Brooke Russell
    Posted October 12, 2009 at 2:55 am | Permalink

I really enjoyed your poems. Great job reading them Alice and Marie. Thank you for sharing them with me. Hope to hear more soon!

10. Caroline Shedd
    Posted October 13, 2009 at 12:35 am | Permalink

Hey Tara and Kerri I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States! I think you both did a great job! I loved both of your poems about the river! Keep up the great work!

11. Cortney Rose
    Posted October 13, 2009 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Josh R and Josh J you too did a wonderful job I sure hate to be by the river Josh R was talking about sounded kind of dangerous.

12. Posted October 15, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Josh R and Alice,

I listened to your poems as a requirement for Dr. Strange’s class at University South Alabama. I like the way your voice expressed the tone of the poem. I knew that Josh R’s river was alive and dangerous, and Alice’s river was alive, ever-changing. Keep up the good work. Reading with expression is not always easy, but you did a great job.

13. Mark Cowan
    Posted October 31, 2009 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Terrific stuff! Thoroughly enjoyed listening to these – all very well read and some great imagery.