Frozen Britain and the Iphone

I was thinking about looking at the cold spell over the coming week, I’ll be asking students to write a piece about how the weather effected their week, but I also fancied doing something a little more creative- so we’ll have a go at developing some winter Iphone Apps!

I thought this could be adapted to other topics, so I’ve put a template together.

Both can be downloaded from my SlideShare account.

This entry was posted in Iphone, Teacher resources, Weather and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 10, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

This is such a fantastic and simple idea that no one has thought of it! Brilliant, Tony, wonder if there would be a way to get any really practical and creative suggestions turned into a real app? That would certainly add motivation to the task…

Posted January 11, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Excellent.. another TC classic 🙂

Posted January 11, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Cheers gentlemen- let me know if you use it 🙂

Posted January 11, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

If it hadn’t have been for the snow I’d have used it in Swansea tomorrow…

Posted January 12, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Well, I imagine it can become a summer drought one in a couple of months, my original thought was to use it with Antarctica.

6. Posted January 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Oh great – I’m going to try this out tomorrow. Tony thanks so much for this idea – expect widespread ripping off by others!

Posted January 13, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Let me know how you get on 🙂

8. Rob Marchetto
    Posted January 15, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

I will be trying this out for various ecosystems: Rainforests, Deserts, Polar environments.
    Thanks for sharing, again!

Posted January 16, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Great, let me know how it goes-

10. Matt Podbury
    Posted December 1, 2010 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Thanks Tony

Now all I need is some snow. Not made it this far south unfortunately, but when it does, I will use this lesson. Really nice. Thanks.