Remember the snow… Landform features.

It was only a week ago since this…

IMG_0604

Until this happened.

IMG_0658

I set my Year 10 the task of producing snow stack formation as a voluntary homework. I set an example by having a go myself.

IMG_0606

It also gave me the opportunity to test out the IMotion time-lapse app.

A couple of students, working in groups, rose to the challenge.

Stack.1

stack1

Stack.2

stack2

Stack.3

stack3

Which is your favourite? Please tell us below.

This entry was posted in Coasts, Creativity, Snow, Teaching Ideas and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Bromley High School
    Posted February 3, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I would give number 3 my vote – but they are all fantastic. I am seriously impressed. Great job, year 10 geographers!

Posted February 3, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your reply 🙂

3. Mrs Backhouse
    Posted February 3, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

All good efforts, but if pressed I am rather taken by number one. I like the fact that it isn’t too smooth and that it looks ‘natural’. Well done.

4. Posted February 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Great effort by all, but Snow pic 3 wins my vote 🙂

5. Briley Habib
    Posted February 3, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Stack 1 for me as it looks like it’s about to collapse. Well done Geographers!

6. Bob Digby
    Posted February 3, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

These are wonderful! I wish I’d had the creativity to get my students to do great work like this. Clearly a great group of students – wonder if I’ll get to meet you all at the GA Conference in Derby?! Well done y’all!

Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your comments 🙂

One Trackback

• By ‘Stock’ geography lessons: part.2 on August 30, 2014 at 6:30 pm

[…] Of course I like a model, pop-ups being the favourite (glacial features in the pipeline) and more recently the use of Lego. If I can get food in as well I’m happy, so I’m also a fan of the population jelly babies game and modelling landform features with cake (or snow if available). […]