Defunct Technology

Defunct Technology

Originally uploaded by tony cassidy

Have you seen these in Humanities? I remember when as an NQT I was given one and thought they were cutting edge. Now with a projector in every room, they are defunct. Or are they?

Where do these go now?

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Posted July 20, 2007 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Looks like they’re in the right room already 😉

2. Posted July 20, 2007 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

thats it TC you stick up for those projectors, but im sure there not exacty energy efficent.

3. Posted July 20, 2007 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

I’ll adopt a few!

4. Posted July 20, 2007 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Great Alan, how slow is my brain not to realise…

G, they’re probably more energy efficient that a digital projector, but much less effective for teaching…

Stringy, what you do with it?

5. Posted July 20, 2007 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Sell them on Ebay!!!!! No, kidding I’d probably just have a play and see what I could do with them!. Make a teaching technology museum in that store room behind them!

6. Posted July 20, 2007 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

If your going to bin them I’ll take one but otherwise I’m not bothered!

7. Posted July 20, 2007 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

We’ll have to see, I don’t know what’s happening with them.

8. Posted July 21, 2007 at 11:45 am | Permalink

this is turning out to be a big old projector discussion, you should start a new blog oldhumanitysprojectorsradical.co.uk

9. Posted July 21, 2007 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Or perhaps not. 🙂

10. Matt
    Posted July 23, 2007 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

It makes you laugh really. When these things were used, you had a big file of transparencies all organized in a huge resource. What is there now? digital projectors that can project any old rubbish from the internet from any website- no order at all. If only there was access to a structured resource for all specs that made use of all multimedia. OHP’s do have there uses though. E.G. if you want the kids to make layered graphs superimposed on one another.

11. Posted July 23, 2007 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

I agree with you in part, I have struggle to develop the system of housing my electronic resources in an appropriate and organised why, now I use thematic folders… I agree that some central resource would be useful, as long as this doesn’t become perspective, teachers should be left to choose, and if necessary adapt their teaching resources to the appropriate audience.

I wonder what will be next on the pile unused technology…